nuffnang ads

Tuesday 2 August 2011

Sup Matahari (Sun Soup)



wasn't really sure why it call sun soup...

none of the ingredient are sun look alike..




according to the recipe, the prawn dumpling covered with quarter shapes of wantan is the sun..
More like Alien's eye to me :'(


Anyway,
this soup is very popular in my home country, Indonesia.
Usually serve on party or occasion..
Because of the "exotic" and unique of the name, and if it served at home it will took long time to prepare the sun-like-shape-dumpling...

Lucky in Malaysia we can get it easily, in frozen yong tau foo corner.





the original recipe was only "sun-shape" dumpling in a light clear broth..

mine is extra creative with adding a lot of stuff i could find in my ice-box




for the broth, I only use chicken cube and water, salt and pepper...
the rest are creatively added.. **Wink

I have this for my first break fast..
1st Ramadhan

Alhamdulillah... Slurrp....



No comments: