nuffnang ads

Monday 15 August 2011

Satay Ayam (skewered grilled chicken)


did I translate the food name in English correctly?
I hope so...

even not so correct, I think you will understand what I mean..
ain't you?




one of the most popular food in Asia, 
you can find either in bazaar, market, restaurants or even just on the street stall.. EVERYWHERE
In Kuala Lumpur, a stick of Chicken Satay cost RM 0.50,
I bought 10 sticks today, with rice cakes..



Talk about chicken satay, different place has different way to cook and taste.
Like in Indonesia,
we famous with Sate Ayam Madura (Maduranese Chicken Satay) where they grilled fresh chicken meat, and served with peanut sauce with excessive sweet soy sauce..

In Malaysia, 
they marinade the meat in some sweet stuff before grilled.
So, the chicken itself already taste sweet even before we dip into peanut sauces..
never seen the seller add any extra sweet sauce into it...
still with the original yellow-brownish sauces



dip to sauces before eat..



can you see shiny caramelized glaze covering the meat?

Indonesian chicken satay doesn't have those kind of colour...


which one i like better ?
I love both...!!


don't asked me about the recipe, surely I don't know how to make it...
even if I know the theory, I don't have patience-give to make me sit, cut the meat into cube, marinated, arrange in skewer, fire a charcoal, and grill..

too much effort for lazy ass like me, I would buy in Bazaar Ramadhan if I want it :)
find the recipe here

No comments: