nuffnang ads

Sunday 5 August 2012

Bon Odori Festival 2012


Publika Square,
Solaris Dutamas


According browser, Bon Odori is dancing festival where the Buddhist Japanese give an offer to their ancestor. Yes or Not, I am not really sure
but Malaysia been have this festival for several years found by Japanese Expat in Malaysia.

This festival usually held in Matshushita Stadium, Shah Alam.
Where lot of crowd gather to eat, drink, and many things. Too bad I missed the big festival because I went to Melaka.

But lucky when the Japanese expats living in dutamas area celebrated here too.
Saturday evening, after shower we went down for buka puasa and watch the festival in Publika Square
near Ben's Cafe
My camera doesn't friendly to me at all, so I use instagram to make it look OK a bit



How cute they are,
with nice cherry blossom summer Kimono



And the boys with fancy Yukata too...




This  lady wait the crowd to come near the mini stage to start dancing.
How cute her kimono is.





the mini stage with four Japanese ladies start dancing




followed by the crowd





they sell choya and some Japanese liquor.
How excited I am :-P




some places selling Japanese curry, Gyoza, Sapporo (Japanese beer) and some snacks too
(Something like Daisho sell)
Was a new experienced for me to see Bon Odori festival which actually related with Hungry Ghost the chinese celebrated each year.

Hopefully next year they will celebrated the same thing too...


No comments: