nuffnang ads

Saturday 2 August 2014

Hari Raya Road Trip: Part 1



I was planning to back to my hometown on Hari Raya this year, but too bad I only receive my passport on the last day of Ramadhan. Feel frustrated because I couldn't get my ticket to fly to Indonesia yet I can't bother to book some last minute trip just because the price gone up like mad.

Mr offer me if I want to do some trip... Which I can't even think what, where and with whom. Mr manage to organize a plan which I think it's quite fun

Preparation...??
None.....

Anyway, he made a quick plan and route to destination which I totally got no idea what to do. Basically, trip was divide into 3 major.

Kuala Lumpur is heading to the south east of peninsula Malaysia toward Mersing.
From Mersing heading up to Kelantan via East Coast road
From Kelantan to Cameron Highland via Gua Musang, 
Last Cameron Highland - Kuala Lumpur






I would like to say thank you to Mr to drive around here and there like a maniac in a such a small car. Scared me to death. Thanks to Waze and Google Map for the super kind help so that we don't have to waste our time to get lost somewhere. Good thanks to Cooler box for taking care all my fruits, juice, beer, and the most important is my cider.


It was Saturday late morning we just awake and throw everything we could think in our small suitcase. Pick any drink in the fridge and throw them in our cooler bag. We stop a taxi heading to Jalan Ampang to WS Car rent. Lucky they give us brand new Myvi in a regular price.




No Durian... ahh... come on...



Kuala Lumpur to Mersing was taking around 4.5 hours, we missed the turn and got lost on several highways , but in the end we reach Mersing.

At the first time we reach Mersing, I was so disappointed. I keep thinking that Mersing would be a nice blue-sandy beach instead the beach was muddy, dry and the water was far away from the sore. We can't even find a place to get some lunch too.. All the place was closed like a dead town.

I was so disappointed, sad, and hungry make Mr turn the car all the way to look for some food. But we still couldn't get any, end up with eating KFC in one random store.




On the way to north, Mr took a chance to wander around the area. Well, the google map said it was only taking 19 mins to go to the next beach, but I feel that we went for up to 30 min (with plenty confusion and lost somewhere)

The Air papan beach was quite nice, in the acceptable way. Several hotels, resort and budget guest house around too.. Just not many facilities around. No convenience store, no food stall, no restaurant. I was thinking we will stay overnight in the Air Papan area and having a relaxed Saturday, but Mr decides to continue the journey up to the north.


Sorry for no picture, I don't even know why I haven't taken any picture here. I remember: I was too hungry to do anything... My mind went into FOOD FOOD and FOOD...




No comments: