nuffnang ads

Saturday 4 January 2014

Cilok Kuah Kacang




It was a raining lonesome Saturday afternoon,
I couldn't make my ass move further to watch Malaysia Tourism day in Dataran Merdeka.
way too lazy




simple dumpling with peanut sauce



At home alone and got nothing to do, I suddenly remember about my childhood in Indonesia where I used to buy ciloka simple dumpling made from flour, mince chicken or prawn, and pepper steamed and serve with spicy peanut sauce. 

In Indonesia cilok usually sell in a pushed cart on the road, something like this: 
and it was cost me Rp 50.00 per piece at that time (1995),
*MYR 1 ~ Rp 3,000.00
can you imagine how cheap it was..? :)




I borrow the pict from here , here and here
my Cilok can't shaped as round as the professional maker one




This fun finger food is very easy to make, the only skills need to have is a patient.

Ingredient:
1/2 cup white flour
1/2 cup minced chicken
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp chopped parsley
1 tsp chopped spring onion
salt, pepper to taste

Mixed all the ingredient until form not so thick dough, if too thick add a bit of hot water.

Boil a lot of water in a pot

Shape the dough into balls with two spoons, drop in the boiling water.
Remove after the dumpling float around.
Served with either ketchup, chili sauces, dark soy sauce, or peanut sauce like mine.




Good, easy, snacks..



:-)

No comments: