nuffnang ads

Sunday 5 January 2014

Chinese Egg Drop Soup


Super lazy Sunday afternoon,
I totally can't be bothered leaving the house to do grocery or exercise






I learn about egg drop soup when I was in the college many years ago. In a laboratory's group dinner in one 
of Chinese Restaurant. I was so amazed with the simple look and the ingredient of the soup, but it tastes so
satisfying.

I guess the simple-ness of the soup was the key to make it taste soo good, I can't imagine if they put too
much ingredient or herbs like oxtail soup, or Malaysian style sup tulang...  :)

Since then I am so addicted to the soup, I often made for myself or during study group because its so easy I can throw anything I found in the fridge (frozen veggie, sausages, meat, include any tasteless leftover such as brown rice and poached chicken), easy to feed the crowd too just need to add extra water and eggs.






Ingredient:
1/4 cup cooked brown rice
1/4 cup frozen  corn
1 carrot, julienne
1 egg
1 clove garlic, a bit ginger, salt and pepper

How to:
with 1 teaspoon sunflower oil, saute garlic and ginger to remove the "garlicy" smells,
pour in water (1 cup veggie ~ 2 cup water), leave it boil

throw in all the vegetable, and spring onion.

add in salts, pepper, and spring onion.

Lastly, cracked an egg in a bowl, mixed with fork.
Swirl the soup with a ladle, and pour the eggs bit by bit (keep stirring slowly)





here the soup looks like





transfer to a bowl and enjoy




easy, nice and filing 




:)

No comments: