nuffnang ads

Monday 25 March 2013

My first cake ever




Banana Chocolate Cake


People must think that I really got nothing to do and have too much free time.
Cos I can update my blog very often, still have time to travel, and bake some cake even..

Believe me, doing or writing something different with these work, thesis, report, statistic, ship, crew, project giving a bit relief and less stress.

Baking cake has been an old conversation among  girls at the office.
One of us was crazy around to make cup cake, bring it to office
show off around and feel proud.

Every lunch conversation also not far much from 'Pavlova'
#p.s I don't even know what pavlova is.. ice skate dancer, no?

I guess I've infected by baking germ too,
makes me so curious and want to give it a try.







Baking sounds  so scary to me, as scary as drive a car.
None of my family member bake a cake or have baking equipment. 
Not my mom, my aunt, or my grandmothers.
So yeah, I have no baking skills at all.

It was the first time I bake cake myself.
I copy the recipe from here. Simple ingredient and the most important is NO MIXER
ha ha,
Believe or not. I don't even know how to use mixer!

Here is my recipe using my own measurement 
(I have no kitchen scale too...)

1/2 stick butter (I use buttercup brand)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 egg (room temperature, I leave it one night outside of fridge)
3 ripens bananas (get it with black dots on the skin, it is sweeter than banana with pretty skin)
2 1/2 cup flour + 2 tsp baking powder + pinch of salt + pinch of baking soda => shifted together.
1/4 cup milk



this is my measure cup
an obvious coffee cup



The steps, I did exactly what she did.
and bake it for 170 c, 50 min
(should be, but I forgot to count the time and I didn't know how cooked cake looks like)

so yeah, I guess the cake stay too long inside of the oven 
and a bit burnt at the top





Not fluffy and airy like banana cake we bought in breakfast place.
But still taste good.

Brought some to the class on Sunday, and brought some to office today.

I feel so proud of myself... :-)

2 comments:

anismsaid said...

ko x kasi aku raser pun diyan..;p

Mama The Explorer said...

Haha, shima habiskan...