Ayam Kecap / Ayam Kicap / Braised Chicken in Soy Sauce
Another simple yet very satisfying dinner for easy weeknight meal.
I choose chicken breast to cut of cooking time instead of yummy drumstick.
2 Chicken breast, cut into 4
Mushroom, potato, tofu puff (all optional)
5 Cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp ginger, minced
lot lot lot of chili (as per your spiciness level)
1/2 cup water
3 tbs light soy sauce
1 tbs dark soy sauce (kicap manis)
1 tbs palm sugar
1/2 yellow onion, sliced
1 star anise
Pan Fried 2 chicken breast (i cut each breast into 4)
=> I like to pan fried chicken before cook to another dishes just to lock the taste.
also to prevent the meat from falling apart.
1. Heat up 1 table spoon cooking oil, add in onion and ginger. Cook till fragrant
2. Add in water, soy sauce, star anise.
3. Add in chicken and stir a bit make sure the chicken well covered.
4. Cook in low simmering fire.
5. You may add mushroom, tofu, potato anything you like
Couple minutes before finish, add in onion.
Enjoy Chicken with some salad and steam rice.
I have my steamed vegetable with peanut sauce :)