nuffnang ads

Saturday 9 May 2015

Easy Chicken Briyani



My jogging area



After 5 KM lazy run   slow run, I feel I deserved a pampered, spiced, herbed, high carb dinner *wink
(macam ini, kapan mau kurus kan...)

we've been collecting instant seasoning to make me cook-like-a-PRO too.
So that when my turn to cook, it wont keep repeat the stir fried this, and stir fried that (so far, that was my only cooking capability lol)

Using instant seasoning is bit costly compared to make the seasoning from scratch,
but it saves me from fail. And cooking our own food still much cheaper than take away briyani from Khaana Peena

Today, my instant seasoning target is Shan-Briyani instant seasoning.

Result :
I like Shan, the spices is generous.
No cooking oil and low salt. I can easily adjust the saltiness to my taste.



Ingredients of Briyani is very easy simple:
1 pack Shan briyani mix with 1/4 cup water
2 chicken tight, cut and pan fried
1 big onion, 5 cloves garlic => chopped
1 Potato (optional)
100 gr yogurt

1/4 cup coriander leaves
1/4 cup mint leaves

1 cup bhasmati rice, cook and cool down.




sauteed onion and garlic with 1 spoon cooking oil.
Add in briyani paste, stir for couple minutes.
Add in chicken, yogurt, boiled egg and water.





Cook until the liquid start dry up.
Pour the chicken to another bowl




Use up the pot.
Layered with little bit of liquid.

Spread half the rice
Cover up with the balance of chicken and liquid.

layer the remaining rice


sprinkle with mint leaves and coriander.
Cover, and cook again for 5 minutes.
until the bottom rice start crust, but not burn



served the briyani with mint sauces, cucumber and yogurt.


I like Shan-brand seasoning.
Definitely will try another pack too.


No comments: