nuffnang ads

Wednesday 16 July 2014

Sambal Kering Tempe Krispi



Sambal kering tempe, or spicy crispy fried tempeh is one of all the time favourite for both Malaysian and Indonesian. It is a multitasking condiment we could sprinkle them on top of rice porridge, steam rice, mild-yellow curry, or just eat on its own as a snack.

How convenient the life where I actually can get this food online  (instagram, facebook, etc) many people sell it at RM 10 / 300 gram its about 1 small container not include postage. I guess I should make it myself because I don't like the anchovies flying around the sambal and make it too salty.

The recipe I got from my mom, with plenty simplification according to what I got in my kitchen drawer.





Ingredient:
1 Block Fresh Tempe (choose firm, white colour, and fresh nutty-earthy aroma) cut into match-stick size
1 Onion*
5 cloves garlic*
10 dry chili*
1 stalk lemongrass
1 teaspoon coriander, pound
* sliced

2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
1 tablespoon palm sugar
1/4 cup water
salt, pepper



Deep fried tempe until brown and crispy, 
drain in paper towel and set aside

Heat up pan with 2 tablespoon cooking oil, sauted all the sliced ingredient and coriander until fragrant.
add in dark soy sauce, water, and palm sugar.
stir until the sauce is thick and most of the water gone.

add in a bit of salt to taste

add it tempe, and stir evenly to let all the tempe coated by the sauces.

Last step is to let them cool down before transferred to an airtight container


My sambal kering tempe,
way too dark and too much soy sauce.
but still taste good

No comments: