nuffnang ads

Tuesday 31 December 2013

Easy Chickpeas Salad



Chickpeas weren't my food before. 
I didn't know the existence and taste of chickpeas until I move to Malaysia. 
It's one of the important ingredient in Indian food.


The first time I ate chickpeas on its own was from Nandos three bean salad. 
It was soft, nutty, and filling (means less bread or rice intake, heheh...!)

Since then I am addicted to chickpeas. 
Mr use to add chickpeas to chili and curry too, 
but it has to be a lot of hassle making it.
Salad is the easiest way to enjoy chickpeas. 
I bought dried chickpeas, it lot of cheaper than bought in the tin.

I soaked 1 cup dried chickpeas with warm water for the whole night, rinse, and boil it for about 15-20 minutes. I turn off the fire after 5 minute boil, and let the remain heat cook the chickpeas.

Rinse again with cold water, that's it...
soft nutty chickpeas ready to go




Ingredient for Chickpea salad:
1 cup cooked chickpeas
1/2 cucumber, remove the seeds and cut
1 tsp chopped parsley
1 tsp chopped red chili
1 tsp chopped yellow onion)
Any other ingredient you like (tomatoes, bell pepper)
Salt, pepper, olive oil

Mix together and ready to serve




I enjoy it with sliced cucumber and soybean patties :)



No comments: