nuffnang ads

Wednesday 30 August 2017

Short Trip To Cherating Malaysia

It gonna be a trip which I would never forget in a sad way.
I was become the worst ignorance angry parent ever for the whole trip while my 18 Months old baby really tried hard to pleased me.

Marcella just had very bad cold after Indonesian trip, almost 20 days she had a sleepless night. When she look much better and us the adult start worn out we decide to have some vacation. Just to give her some sandy-outdoor play and give us some rest.

Marcella had a light fever day before we went, and we take it as the end of her cold. So we didn't check further, and keep going to the plan. We drove to Cherating Beach, East Coast Malaysia.
And stayed at Holiday Villa.



Marcella with her swollen cheek I wasn't realize that she had something wrong in her mouth.
I kept thinking myself that her fever and her mouth pain was caused by teething.


I can see it now that she was really tried hard to pleased me and tried to stop me from getting mad at her.







For a moment she forget about her pain and enjoy her afternoon.
But it wasn't last long because I started to feed her (which most of the time she said NO and made me mad),

the battle continued to brushing session.
The drama getting worse, she cried and cried and cried and cried.
And I lost my sanity



Like usual, mom-kid battle.
Dad came as referee.
He took Marcella and brought her to swim. 
To cool her down and give me some times to rest.







Swimming pool in Holiday Villa Cherating








On the next day she just stuck with her Dad.
Refused to stay closed with me unless breastfeeding and sleep time.

She look so traumatize with me.


we bought batteries powered cat just to cheer her up a bit




She smile a bit with her swollen mouth




No smile for Mummy.
(I don't deserved it anyway)




Stop over in Teluk Cempedak Beach for lunch and to check around.

Teluk Cempedak has more beautiful beaches and plenty amenities to served us (thats my favorite thing) the convenience.







Enjoyed playing kite with Dad.


The next day we went to pediatrician, and we were shock that she got mouth infection.
There were white thick fungus covering almost every single space of her mouth roof 
(I bet my half-force-brushing was make them spread faster).

We have to go to hospital to get her lab test.
mouth swab etc.

And very glad that was only fungus, no other microorganism to make it complicated.

Pediatrician gave us wide range of anti fungus.
It took us another 10 days to clear all the infection.

Moral of the story:
Listen to your kid, don't stubborn yourself and force them to do what you want just because to make the task done on time.
Often we need just to put all our mind and work aside (leave the house messy, leave the washing undone, leave the dirty dishes as it is). Sit next to our kid and watch them mindfully (not watch and twinkling of the phone).

Listen to what they tried to tell you.
Clearly Marcella said that she had problem in her mouth, all pain.
I just refuse to look further and make stupid assumption it was her teething problem.
Instead I keep brushing her tiny mouth. Make the wound bigger and infection spread faster.

I just couldn't imagine the pain she cried but half force herself to eat the food I gave her.
I bet her mind was saying "just so Mummy didn't mad at me

Am I regret...?
Very.
Every now and again, I just often randomly leave my task just to hug her and apologize.




No comments: