I love eating good food,
But after a while both my pocket and my body not happy about it.
My weight scale grow bigger yet my wallet grow thinner too fast.
Yes, there are plenty article on Internet about money saving. The first thing they will ask you to cook your own food and stop visiting Starbucks but make your own coffee every morning.
We are doing the same thing now,
Need to reserve cash as much as possible cos we plan to get something without loan.
Megi Goreng usually a food we order in Mamak/Indian restaurant in Malaysia, but nowadays their quality is getting awful.
Seems like they stop cook it properly but just mixed the half boiled noodle with their prepacked seasoning, oil and that it.
Fried noodle is a simple dish, where we actually only need to dress up an instant noodle.
2 megi curry instant noodle
1 onion slices
3 garlic slices
4 chilies halved
3 tbs cooking oil
2-3 kind of vegetable you like
(Cabbage, bok choy, bean, mushroom)
Any protein you wish (chicken, beef, seafood) => I use half chicken breast from my Nando's leftover
1. Soak instant noodle in boiling water for 30-45 second, drain, toss lightly with 1 tbs cooking oil
2. Heat up 2 tbs cooking oil, saluted onion, garlic, chili until soft.
Add in vegetable. Turn the heat down, cover a while till veggie bit soft.
3. Add in noodle and its seasoning.
4. Mix properly, and let them cook for 5min (I let the noodle burn a bit and have a nice crust).
5. Served with fried egg on top
Easy peasy ya...
Healthier cos I know why ingredients I use, what cooking oil, the freshness of my food and many more.
Cooking is fun :-)