nuffnang ads

Friday 13 March 2015

Home Made Milk Soap




Plenty reason why our skin dry too fast even we put a lot of lotion after shower,
plenty reason why our skin look dull and by the end it wrinkle fast.

Dove telling us even baby soap contain lot lot lot of chemical, how about Dove itself?
Same-same.... lol

Buy natural soap is expensive. Yes, it is...
Its about RM 20.00 to RM 39.00 per 100 grams.
Eikksss.... why so expensive la...
==> of course, the ingredient to make the soap is already expensive Olive Oil, Walnut, Avocado. You may check yourself the price in supermarket :-)



Lot of website teaching about how to make soap ourselves, but OMG what is LYE, what is trace, what is that.. I know nothing about chemical soap.

Buying my first milk soap making kit (RM 49.00) from http://www.soaplabmalaysia.com/ I made myself my first batch of milk soap. Where I made one full loaf (about 350 gram) milk soap.
It was not cute at all... kind of simple look and no perfume at all



     

This is my first soap I made from soap-lab soap making kit. Half recipe was with water, the other half was milk. After 45 days of curing, my mom tried the milk soap.

APPARENTLY SHE LOVE IT SO MUCH.
My mom mentioned that the milk-olive soap make her skin less dry and after one week it feel nicer and smoother.

Less wrinkly too...



After my first success milk soap and I have (at least one) regular customer who happily, willingly, and eagerly using my product I am confident to getting extra creative.

Instead of buying pre-mix soap ingredient, I able to made myself own concoction.




My recipe
Noted that I put Almond Oil, but I bought roasted walnut oil

LOL




measuring my Lye, 
make sure that I got a right calculation, otherwise the oil would not turn into soap.






the mixture I use
                            Mistake : should freeze the milk into ice cube before mix with lye, 
                                           LYE + WATER = HEAT + TOXIC AIR
                                           the heat damage the milk and turn into ugly yellow to orange
                                           (shouldn't happen)




Face mask, rubber gloves, Thermometer
IS A MUST
*make sure the ingredient is not more than 80C
and the difference between oil and lye is not more than 10C




The mixture of Shea butter, Walnut, Olive and
Sunflower oil.

I microwaved the mixture a bit to loosen the solid oil




Mix the Lye water and oil,
now the job start....

I don't have any electric mixer,
so I just use egg beater I bought from Daisho (RM 5 store)

OMG this job is sooooo labour intensive thing,
took me almost 2 hours of beating to create "light trace" before I able to pour them in the mold. 




pour my soap in the silicone mold




I sprinkle some oat and sugar (how itchy my hand is)


By theory, I should able to cut my soap within 24-48 hours. But My soap was still too gooey when I touch it.
I leave it for extra 24 hours before start cutting with my bread cutter.

P.S USE RUBBER GLOVES WHEN WE TOUCH THE MIXTURE.
I WASN'T WEAR IT AND  THE LYE RESIDUE LEAVE MY HAND ITCHY AND RED.



for 350 gram mold, I made about 6-7 soap bar.



Stamp it with my rubber stamp

NOT WORKING...!!






Leave them for at least 45 days for curing 
(to let the NaOH disappear slowly, 
and only left you a nice-bubbly-chemical free soap.

For baby use, leave for at least 90 days before use.


Soft Smooth Milk Soap for my satin smooth skin :-)



2 comments:

Sandy Lee said...

Wow happy to see your achievement. I have also started this interesting hobby making soap from melt and pour type, including DIY skincare. very happy with my results.
more than happy able to buy from greenherbology.com for all the ingredients i need. prices are very reasonable with superb quality.

cant wait to try my next batch.

Sandy

Mama The Explorer said...

Hi Sandy, it was loooooooong time passion and now I'm itch to make it again (but I guess this time would be melt n pour base haha) can't patience enough to cure.. So good to know you, how's your soap making progress?