nuffnang ads

Wednesday 7 August 2013

Kuih Raya in The Making 2 : Banana Yoghurt Muffin





Last day of Ramadhan
Tomorrow we will celebrate Hari Raya Aidil Fitri
No more fasting, just counting the bless and gifts God gave to us



Today I purposely take the day off since...
*I don't even know why I take a day off. I don't even have to slaughter a cow or lamb to feed the poor.
I don't even have to cook a lot of food for a family feast.
Only me & Mr which the Social and Ben's can feed us well

But I take a day off anyway...
Ah, yes.. I know...
Because everybody takes a day off and went back to the hometown,
I have to have removed myself from the office too
Otherwise.. (LIKE USUAL) everybody's job will migrate to my table and suddenly all become my responsibilities.
Bully...? No more sorry.....


Looking at the pantry counter and I have so many things to cook...
The Banana is getting spotty too..
And a cup of yoghurt that only last till next week.
By copy-paste this recipe I made couple muffin to munch later



Mix dry ingredient and wet ingredient at different bowl



Still with my stubbornness, I make over the recipe
I know there is a risk to be failing when I don't follow the recipe, but at least I won't blame anyone.
I change the vegetable oil with buttercup and add in a bit of warm milk by the end cos the mixture is way too dry for muffin batter I watch on Anna Olson cooking show.

Here is my recipe:

Dry ingredient:
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
sift together until well mix

Wet Ingredient:
1 cup sugar + 1/2 stick butter => microwave for 10 second, and mix with fork
1 cup yoghurt
1 egg
3 bananas, chunked
1/4 cup of warm milk


Mixed with butter and dry ingredients,
add in yoghurt stir together,
add in banana, fold together
The recipe created a very dry dough, more like dough for bread. And that is worrying me.
I add a bit of milk till the batter wet enough before scoop them to the greased muffin tin

bake for 170C for 25 min





I mixed half of the batter with melted chocolate
(Dark chocolate + 2 spoon milk, microwaved for 10 second)


Again, I am too lazy to search for baking sheet 
Can't be bothered to buy a very expensive cupcake paper in BIG downstairs
I fold some tin foil and make it as a cup



Soft, moist and fluffy Muffin


The results...
Chocolate muffin which is totally out from the recipe I found from internet expand very pretty like cupcake in the shop
But way too gooey.....
Too much liquid I guess.

The plain banana muffin is not expanding as much as I expected,
But moist, nice and fluffy

My muffin is ready to serve with warm nice tea later,
and freeze some of them to share with my mate Anis on Monday.

No comments: